Thursday, February 21, 2013

Coming Clean

I LOVE a clean and organized house. And I mean LOVE. I think I like it better than chocolate. I know, this is serious...or delusional. My love for clean even extends beyond my house. It spills over into my garage (although it would suggest otherwise right now), my car, my purse, my yard...you get the idea.

As I sit here and write this, my kids are watching an episode of Full House and I can't help but gawk over Danny Tanner. I told my hubby that I think he'd be my TV husband if I got to pick. His character, as long-time fans know, is a clean freak. And although the family in one episode refers to him as a "physco with a dust mop", I lovingly refer to him as "MY HERO".

Everyone is good at something. And it seems these days that when you're good at something, you blog about it and hope that someone else wants to know about it.

For years, a common line I hear from friends and random strangers alike is, "Your house is always so clean". So I guess I'm good at keeping things clean...a regular "Danny Tanner", if you will. It's not a very glamorous talent, by any means. A little sad even, depending on who you ask. But it keeps me happy. They also always assume that I must do nothing with my time but clean. I assure you this is not true. I have several other hobbies and loves. A clean house is just a lifestyle for me; something I've always done. And if you keep up with something, it never takes much work. I feel like my life is calm when things are clean and organized. I feel like I have more time for the important things. Of course I know it can't be that way all the time. We've had our fair share of absolute chaos and play days where I encourage the mess. There has to be a balance, right? Who wants to be a "physco with a dust mop"?!

So here's to the start of something new, in hopes that my tips and tricks will inspire someone else. Feel free to ask questions and please leave your comments! I love feedback! I'll make a point to talk about lots of different things from daily routines, organization of all kinds, laundry, cooking, natural solutions to everyday cleaning, and so on. The list of possibilities is endless! Please feel free to give any suggestions for posts that you'd like to see!

Stop by anytime. I promise to try and be exciting and interesting! But please excuse me for now...I have to go fold some laundry before starting dinner!

Happy Cleaning 

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Astro! I appreciate your comment! Keep coming back to visit!

    ReplyDelete