Sunday, November 24, 2013

Clean Your Stainless Steel Like a Pro

I realize that I've been gone for a while, but we won't go into all that. The important thing is...I'm back!

Stainless steel...I believe the steel part. Stainless? Give me a break. Those of you that have had stainless steel know what I'm talking about. It looks beautiful until you walk by at an angle where the sunshine enhances all it's flaws...fingerprints, smudges, this morning's yogurt that you had for breakfast. You get the picture. A pain to keep clean.

I, myself, am the proud owner of stainless steel appliances. After my first set, I vowed never again. But, alas, I purchased another set of stainless steel appliances because it's what everyone buys nowadays. SO, it was time to get smart on cleaning them because you know how I am. I like it clean, cheap, and natural.

Are you ready? This will change the way you feel about your stainless steel...

Cooking spray. That's right. Cooking spray.


Just grab a microfiber towel (to cut down on dust and streaking) and a can of cooking spray. Any kind you want. I use the canola oil spray. But you can use olive or vegetable oil if you prefer.

To begin, wipe down your appliance with some water just to clean all the smudges and any residue that might be on the surface. It'll have tons of streak marks at this point. But don't fret. It's about to get a whole lot better.

Now spray the surface of your appliance lightly with your cooking spray and take the microfiber towel and carefully wipe the surface of the appliance, starting from top to bottom. Follow the grain of the stainless steel. Make sure there is no excess oil or dripping. That's why I suggest starting very lightly and adding more if needed. Just continue until your appliance surface is to your liking. This usually takes me all of three minutes and does a better job than any cleaner on the market. You can also pull out a bottle of any of these oils and dab it on a towel and then wipe it on the appliance. It's your preference.

I hope you enjoy this tip and happy cleaning!


The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment